[Haskell-cafe] On the verge of ... giving up!

jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
Wed Oct 17 19:16:11 EDT 2007

Felipe Lessa writes:

> On 10/17/07, jerzy.karczmarczuk at info.unicaen.fr
>> We shall thus understand that a teacher who likes Fibonacci, is a
>> representant of of the 100% of the human population.
>
> Sorry if I didn't understand very well the tone of your message or if
> I wasn't clear enough, however what I was trying to say is that he
> makes up the mind of most of his students with the idea that Haskell
> is a toy language with poor performance and strange limitations.

My tone was obviously sarcastic, and the reason is that for ANY niche
of human activity you may find lousy teachers. And - in my eyes - you
shouldn't have agreed on such a pathological example that 100% of the
human population consider Haskell a toy. Haskell is being taught in
hundreds of places. That's all. We shouldn't advertize bad teachers.

BTW., almost 100% of humanity don't care at all about the General Theory
of Relativity. And *never did*. It didn't prevent Einstein from sleeping.
Of course, this example is as silly as it is, but not more.

J.K.