[Haskell-cafe] Re: XML parser recommendation?

Rene de Visser Rene_de_Visser at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 22 14:23:09 EDT 2007

"Yitzchak Gale" <gale at sefer.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:2608b8a80710220638l1245f193n2eb507abe353ab55 at mail.gmail.com...
> Henning Thielemann wrote:
>> HXT uses Parsec, which is strict.
I had a look at using HXT awhile ago. Parsec is the least of the problems.
HXT stores the XML as an explicit tree in memory, where the head has explict
references to the children.
This means that the whole XML tree is stored in memory until the last child
is processed. Also this tree is stored ineffeciently. Everything as non
shared Haskell strings. My experience is that a 30MB file (which is quite
small for an XML file) can NOT be processed with 2GB memory.

Rene.