[Haskell-cafe] XML parser recommendation?

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Tue Oct 23 01:57:52 EDT 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007, Yitzchak Gale wrote:

> Henning Thielemann wrote:
> > HXT uses Parsec, which is strict.
>
> Is is strict to the extent that it cannot produce any
> output at all until it has read the entire XML document?

Yep.

You might like to check my XML wrapper library which interfaces to HaXML,
HXT and TagSoup (providing the most lazy XML parser we have). It uses its
own structure and cannot map all features of HaXML and HXT. But feel free
to extend it as you need. I wrote it for HTML processing, thus it is maybe
not optimal for other XML applications.

http://darcs.haskell.org/wraxml/