[Haskell-cafe] string literals and haskell'

Chaddaï Fouché chaddai.fouche at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 15:24:58 EDT 2007

2007/10/23, Justin Bailey <jgbailey at gmail.com>:

> My two cents - I haven't found another language that handles heredocs as
> nicely as Ruby does.

Perl Heredocs do the same things and predates Ruby's (at least they do
all you described and a bit more).

But what would be really nice is a way to write regex without \\
everywhere, as of now this is the single thing that makes regex in
Haskell less pleasant than in a language like Perl (which has built-in
support for them, but just to be able to ignore all escape codes would
be really useful).

--
Jedaï