[Haskell-cafe] viewing HS files in Firefox

Richard Kelsall r.kelsall at millstream.com
Sun Oct 28 10:19:32 EDT 2007

Thomas Schilling wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 18:48 -0400, Isaac Dupree wrote:
>> When I try to go to one of the Module.hs files, e.g. on
>> darcs.haskell.org, it now has type HS and Firefox refuses to display it
>> (and only lets me download it).  Does anyone know how to make Firefox
>> treat certain file types as others (HS as plain text, in particular)?
>> so that I can browse them with any convenience
>
> I believe those kinds of problem have to do with the MIME-encoding on
> the server side:  The server uses text/x-haskell.  For Firefox to
> display the document inline it probably has to be text/plain.  Not sure
> what the proper fix is, though.

It should probably be fixed in one of the Apache config files. In the
HTTP headers from darcs.haskell.org (viewed with the Live HTTP headers
extension in FireFox) I'm getting

Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Debian)

returned when I request the Map.hs file. For Apache 2.2 there seem to
be various solutions. The web admin should probably be looking at these
sorts of things

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_mime.html#addtype
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#forcetype
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#defaulttype