[Haskell-cafe] Haskell as an extension language

Hugh Perkins hughperkins at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 19:25:06 EDT 2007

Off-topic, so stop reading now if you want ;-) , but reminds me of my
experience using Python and C++.  Python and C++ are both great
languages, with their own strengths, and one might think that
combining thing gets the best of both.

However, using Swig etc to join Python to C++ takes a significant
amount of time, and one needs project members now to learn two
languages.

Then I discovered a different language (not Haskell) that combined the
ease of Python with the speed of C++.  It's really a big advantage.