[Haskell-cafe] Elevator pitch for Haskell.

Paul Johnson paul at cogito.org.uk
Tue Sep 4 17:59:34 EDT 2007

This page (http://www.npdbd.umn.edu/deliver/elevator.html) has a
template for an "elevator pitch".  This is what you say to someone when
you have 30 seconds to explain your big idea, for instance if you find
yourself in an elevator with them.  I thought I'd try instantiating it
for Haskell.

For software developers who need to produce highly reliable software at
minimum cost, Haskell is a pure functional programming language that
reduces line count by 75% through reusable higher order functions and
detects latent defects with its powerful static type system.  Unlike Ada
and Java, Haskell allows reusable functions to be combined without the
overhead of class definitions and inheritance, and its type system
prevents the hidden side effects that cause many bugs in programs
written in conventional languages.

Comments?

Paul.