[Haskell-cafe] Tiny documentation request

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 12:52:45 EDT 2007

Hi

> I have the following page bookmarked:
>
>   http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/

Just bookmark: http://haskell.org/hoogle

It's not perfect, but it probably solves lots of your problems.

> A tip is to use Firefox's search as you type feature if you know the
> module name.

This will be better supported in Hoogle 4 - but unfortunately degrees
etc. are coming in the way of Hoogle development...

> A more aesthetical note: We should really get rid of the ugly table/CSS layout
> mixture, the lower part of the page renders a bit ugly and varies between
> browsers. Switching to pure CSS should be safe in 2007, I guess.

Replicating actual tables with CSS is a nightmare - you shouldn't use
table's for lots of things, but there are sometimes when it really is
the best option. Fixing up the CSS and still keeping tables is a
perfectly valid option.

Thanks

Neil