[Haskell-cafe] WinHugs shortcut keys

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 10:08:26 EDT 2007

Hi Peter,

> It does not seem to have shortcut keys for reload, edit, etc...

When do you use reload? WinHugs automatically reloads modified files,
so I've never felt the need to reload things. Similarly for edit,
typing just edit on its own isn't that useful unless you give it a
module.

However, I'm not averse to including more shortcuts - its relatively
easy and if it is of benefit to you, I'm happy to do so.

> These would be really handy. It is possible to customize the shortcuts
> assigned to the commands?
>
> If not, can it be build from source?

It can be built from source, but the libraries changed slightly, so a
new build from source won't work with the existing WinHugs packages
libraries. Building the libraries is much more tricky and requires
mingw.

You can report bugs from http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/hugs - so if
you do want some shortcuts, say what you want a particular key to do,
and I'll include it for the next release.

Thanks

Neil