[Haskell-cafe] "Functional dependencies conflict between instance declarations"

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Mon Sep 10 12:31:14 EDT 2007

The Haskell mailing list seems to be filled with people requesting
information about this error, so I cannot resist to include myself in it ;-)

I've read the information about funcdeps in the GHC user guide, and I
think I understand how it works, but I get the error a lot, without
having a clue why. Sometimes I get the error even when all the types of
all the type parameters are completely different, so even when all
parameters would be one-to-one dependent, I still don't get why I would
get a conflict error.

Does a wiki exists with possible reasons why this error occured and how
to fix it?

Thanks,
Peter