[Haskell-cafe] Tiny documentation request

Thomas Schilling nominolo at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 10 15:49:11 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 19:51 +0100, Andrew Coppin wrote:
> Brent Yorgey wrote:
> > And if you use Firefox, you can even install Hoogle as one of the
> > search engines in the upper-right search box.  Nice and fast!
>
> I've never really understood what the benefit of this is... I mean,
> Google make "the Google toolbar", but what's the point? Why not just
> click on the Google bookmark and type in your search? What benefits does
> installing a special addon provide?

Well, for the default Google searchbox the advantage is:

  Ctrl-K <search phrase> ENTER

versus

  grab mouse .. point ... click ... move hand back to keyboard ... type
search phrase, ENTER

I never used any of the secondary search bars.  Unless I can define a
shortcut to access hoogle quickly there's no advantage.

However, regarding the modules list.  I think it should be easy to have
optional javascript functionality to toggle the visibility of the module
tree.  The default visibility could be customized using a cookie.