[Haskell-cafe] Building "production stable" software in Haskell

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Mon Sep 17 14:38:00 EDT 2007

David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> writes:

> Data.Map is a standardized interface, *not* a standardized implementation.
> I'm not saying it's a *good* standardized interface, but it's the only one
> we've got.

Not so!  There is another more venerable interface, namely Data.FiniteMap.
That interface was deleted in favour of Data.Map, for no good reason
that I am aware of.  Indeed, I still have several pieces of software
that continue to use the FiniteMap interface, but now have an extra
home-grown indirection layer to connect to the current Data.Map
implementation, just to enable the software to build.

Regards,
    Malcolm