[Haskell-cafe] Building "production stable" software in Haskell

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 17:35:20 EDT 2007

Hi

> What's bad about stagnation is that nobody will bother to produce
> anything better (at least not as a fully polished publicly available
> open source project), precisely because they have little chance of
> achieving a user base exceeding 1 (at least not if the attitude of
> David and Neil is typical of the community culture).

I merely gave the reasons I suspected that David (and others) held
their beliefs - I don't share them particularly. As a library author I
have produced quite a few libraries (at least 5), and have received
useful feedback from users which has helped me improve the libraries
further.

I think the largest barrier to having many libraries used in projects
is the lack of a working cabal-install.

Thanks

Neil