[Haskell-cafe] Composition Operator

Peter Verswyvelen bf3 at telenet.be
Sat Sep 22 06:45:07 EDT 2007

Tony Morris wrote:

> is the same as:
> (.) :: (b -> c) -> ((a -> b) -> (a -> c))
> ..
> "accepts a function a to c and returns a function. The function returned
> takes a function a to b and returns a function a to c"

IMO, that should be

"accepts a function b to c and returns a function. The function returned
takes a function a to b and returns function a to c"

Personally I also find the following a good explanation, since it does
not introduce lambdas or other scary things for newbies.

f . g = composite
    where composite x = f (g x)

for example

printLn = putStrLn . show