[Haskell-cafe] PROPOSAL: Rename haskell@ to haskell-announce@

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 17:45:14 EDT 2007

Hi

I've just replied to another first poster with "wrong list". Its
entirely not their fault, but its also probably a bit off-putting that
your very first post gets a (very polite) "you got it wrong" message.

To steal the reasons and explanations from Ian:

---------------------

pretty much what would be haskell-announce@ anywhere else, and
haskell-cafe@ what would be haskell@ elsewhere. A haskell-cafe@ list
elsewhere would probably be where the haskell@ people discuss things
which aren't actually related to Haskell (like e.g. the demon.local
newsgroup). I think the number of posts in the wrong place would be
lower if these were more conventionally named (although there aren't a
lot of them anyway).

I think it would make sense to:

* Rename haskell@ to haskell-announce@, and redirect mails from haskell@
 to haskell-announce@ for some period.

(more, but can be done step by step in the future)