[Haskell-cafe] unsafePerformIO: are we safe?

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 13:51:27 EDT 2007

Hello Jorge,

> This is a newbie question: I sort of understand what unsafePerformIO does
> but I don't quite get its consequences. In short: how safe can one be in
> face of it?

i redirect you to http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/IO_inside
and "Tackling the awkward squad: monadic input/output, concurrency,
exceptions, and foreign-language calls in Haskell"
[http://research.microsoft.com/Users/simonpj/papers/marktoberdorf/marktoberdorf.ps.gz]

probably in the last paper i have seen two rules of using
unsafePerformIO, but i can't recall them

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com