[Haskell-cafe] unix support

Galchin Vasili vigalchin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 21:16:57 EDT 2008

Hello,

     On my personal computer, I added some functionality to the unix package
and  now I want to test this functionality. Basically I did a cabal install
to the global env on my laptop. I just ran a session of ghci:

vigalchin at ubuntu:~$ ghci
GHCi, version 6.8.2: http://www.haskell.org/ghc/  :? for help
Prelude> :m System.Posix
Prelude System.Posix> :t openFd
openFd :: FilePath -> OpenMode -> Maybe FileMode -> OpenFileFlags -> IO Fd
Prelude System.Posix> :t mqOpen

<interactive>:1:0: Not in scope: `mqOpen'

There is a signature for openFd (existing functionality) but not mqOpen (new
functionality!)  The new functionality got some warnings vis-a-vis Storage
because I have defined "alignment" and something else yet. However, when I
did "runhaskell Setup.hs install" everything seemed to get installed. ???

Thanks, B.