[Haskell-cafe] installing ghc-6.8.2

Paulo Tanimoto tanimoto at arizona.edu
Thu Apr 3 12:44:26 EDT 2008

Michael,

Don't the available binaries work for you?  From the output it seems
you are on x86, which is of course supported.  The requirements are
just libreadline.so.4 and libncurses.so.5.  Also, if you still want to
compile from source, you could grab those binaries and them to compile
GHC yourself, then perhaps make a debian package.

Although those binaries have been created on Fedora, I'm on Ubuntu and
they work flawlessly.  By the way, you can have multiple versions of
GHC coexisting too.

Best,

Paulo