[Haskell-cafe] Re: HXT 7.4/7.5 leaking TCP connections

Paul Brown paulrbrown+haskell-cafe at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:36:40 EDT 2008

Hi, Bjorn and Uwe --

>  >  this is a known problem with HTTP package (version 3001.0.4).
>  >  Paul Brown has described this somewere in his blog.
>  >  (http://mult.ifario.us/t/haskell), but my firefox only shows
>  >  an incomplete page of this blog, the solution is missing.
>  >  Paul promissed in his blog to send a patch to Björn Bringert.

Here's the link to the article about SimpleHTTP; for some reason, it
wasn't showing up.  (Guess I have a bug to fix there...)

http://mult.ifario.us/p/a-short-adventure-with-simplehttp

>  >  P.S. to Björn: It would be nice, if you could include this change into the
>  >  HTTP module and upload a new version to hackage.
>  Thank you Daniel and Uwe for reporting this (again). Strangely, I
>  thought that I had already applied Paul's patch, but it seems I
>  haven't. Paul: I seem to recall us talking about this, but can't
>  remember the conclusion, nor find any e-mail about it. Do you remember
>  anything about this?

I can't remember either; I'm sure that the darcs patch is lurking on
one of my boxes.  I'll track it down and send it your way so we can
squash this one.

Best.

-- Paul

paulrbrown at gmail.com