[Haskell-cafe] Monad proof

Rafael C. de Almeida almeidaraf at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 13:35:28 EDT 2008

Hello,

I was studying Monads and I was trying to think about new Monads I could
  define. So, a question poped into my mind: how is proof regarding the
3 Monad laws handled? I know that, aside from testing all the possible
values (and there can be a lot of them), there's no general way to prove
it. Nonetheless, I think that it would be insightful to see how people
write those proofs for their monads -- specially for new user monads. Is
there some article or some notes on proving that Monads are implemented
correctly?

[]'s
Rafael