[Haskell-cafe] more on my ghc package issues

Galchin, Vasili vigalchin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 00:33:19 EDT 2008

1) I did an Ubuntu purge followed by an install. Afterwards I rebuilt ghc
6.8.2. The same d*mn  "unknown package: unix-2.3.0.0" message when I try to
build

unix

 and

bytestring   via runhaskell Setup.hs configure.

2) This strongly looks like the package database manager, i.e. ghc-pkg.
Source please so I can understand where this d*amn "unknown package:
unix-2.3.0.0" message is coming from and why?

3) Serious rant mode on ... I am a computer industry veteran(decades) who is
trying to convince, coggle, etc. younger colleagues about the usefulness of
FPLs for correctness, etc, and then => "unknown package ....".

V.