[Haskell-cafe] Intro to functional dependencies in Haskell?

Alfonso Acosta alfonso.acosta at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 07:26:26 EDT 2008

Not so long ago, I had difficulties to understand functional dependecies.

Due to the (sometimes well-grounded) prejudgement of considering
research papers as an unfriendly and obscure source of information, I
stupidly ruled out reading Mark P Jones original paper. Then I learned
I was totally wrong, it is written in a friendly way, with lots of
examples, allowing me to finally understand how functional
dependencies work and what was the reason to introduce them:

http://web.cecs.pdx.edu/~mpj/pubs/fundeps.html