[Haskell-cafe] looking for examples of non-full Functional Dependencies

Lennart Augustsson lennart at augustsson.net
Thu Apr 17 17:49:10 EDT 2008

To reuse a favorite word, I think that any implementation that distinguishes
'a -> b, a -> c' from 'a -> b c' is broken. :)
It does not implement FD, but something else.  Maybe this something else is
useful, but if one of the forms is strictly more powerful than the other
then I don't see why you would ever want the less powerful one.

  -- Lennart