[Haskell-cafe] functional update

Evan Laforge qdunkan at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 13:33:19 EDT 2008

Thanks everyone, this is all good stuff.

I did look at Clean and it looks like it has somewhat nicer record
syntax... but it doesn't look like anything haskell couldn't do better
if it one day got a real record system.  As for the rest of Clean, I'm
afraid that spending too much time with it will just make me wish for
more features in haskell :)

I'm going to experiment with the TH and FRef stuff.

Maybe someday when we have a nice record system, these techniques can
be standardized and integrated into the standard library.