[Haskell-cafe] Replacing RDMS - why I want this retrying?

Marc Weber marco-oweber at gmx.de
Sat Apr 26 12:26:52 EDT 2008

> Have you looked at http://happs.org/ ?
:) It should be used with HAppS.
But it's only a state system. It doesn't tell you yet how to organize
your data. The IxSet is nice but it's not relational.

> Another question is why do you want to we replace RDBMS-es?
a) Speed. A simple HAppS state benchmark shows that inserting records
   can be 10 times faster than MySQL
   don't know wether its' because switching processes, parsing SQL queries ?
b) Type safety. HaskellDB is nice.. But it's limiting because you can't
   optimize queries very well.
Having something (maybe completeley in mem as HAppS proposes it) beeing
as easy as Data.Map would be nice.

Sincerly
Marc Weber