[Haskell-cafe] poll: how can we help you contribute to darcs?

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Sun Aug 3 16:43:50 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2008-08-01 at 16:45 +0100, Eric Kow wrote:
> Dear Haskellers,
>
> I would like to take an informal poll for the purposes of darcs
> recruitment.  Could you please complete this sentence for me?
>
>    "I would contribute to darcs if only..."
>
> The answers I am most interested in hearing go beyond "... I had more
> time".  For instance, if you are contributing to other Haskell/volunteer
> projects, why are you contributing more to them, rather than darcs?

It would be useful if some darcs 2 hackers, contributors could help the
ghc people evaluate if darcs 2 is still in the running. That would mean
identifying the key bugs (eg windows case-insensitive file bugs, slow
pulls) and seeing how hard they are to fix. Also doing a test conversion
to darcs 2 format and benchmarking some of the key operations described
on the ghc evaluation page.

http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/wiki/DarcsEvaluation

Duncan