[Haskell-cafe] ActiveX and COM

Fernand quarantedeux42 at yahoo.fr
Mon Aug 4 08:14:19 EDT 2008

GüŸnther Schmidt пишет:
> Hi,
>
> what is currently the recommend way to interface with COM from haskell?
>
> I need to create an Excel Sheet and thus need to use Excel via COM.
>
> Günther
You have the HDirect package, you need some tweaking to compile it with
the current GHC.
I only have a professionnal access to a Windows box, so I have no time
to work on an official patch.
You may contact me by e-mail, and I'll send you my patched version of
the library and some instruction on how to build something that should
be workable.

If you need to simply create and Excel Sheet, you may also try it using
the new Microsoft XML format (it will only work with Office 2007,
though) ; then you do not need COM.

Sincerely yours,

Fernand