[darcs-users] [Haskell-cafe] helping you contribute to darcs (poll results so far)

Jeremy Shaw jeremy at n-heptane.com
Wed Aug 6 03:20:17 EDT 2008

At Wed, 6 Aug 2008 06:29:32 +0100,
Eric Y. Kow wrote:

> Dear Haskellers,
>

> patch theory is still not defined clearly or rigorously enough for Haskellers

Are the darcs developers familiar with these papers (available on citeseer):

 Undo Actions in Collaborative Work, Prakash & Knister 1992
 Undoing Actions in Collaborative Work: Framework and Experience, Prakash & Knister 1994

The papers describe an undo mechanism for multiuser collaborative
editing which sounds like how I imagine darcs patch theory to be (and,
they even run into the dreaded exponential merge bug and propose a
solution).

They include some formal reasoning that may be easy to adapt to darcs?

hope this helps,
j.