[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Tutorial on information visualization and visual analytics in Haskell

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sun Aug 10 00:50:04 EDT 2008

jefferson.r.heard:
> This is the tutorial I'll be presenting at DEFUN 2008.  I'll be
> building a site around it until then, complete with compilable code
> examples, but I thought I would let everyone get a sneak peek at the
> long version of the tutorial before I'm done with it.  The code is as
> yet untested, and keep in mind, advanced Haskellers, that I'm
> purposefully simplifying some things to be understood by the beginner
> to the intermediate Haskeller.  Comments and questions are welcome and
> encouraged.  Please do ignore typos in the inline code for now,
> though, as I'll be spending this week testing it out and making sure
> everything works.
>
> The link is:
>
> http://bluheron.europa.renci.org/docs/BeautifulCode.pdf

This is a beautiful piece of work, Jefferson!

And maybe a nice time to mention that Jefferson will be presenting,
along with some other leading lights in the community, at DEFUN, our
first developer-oriented workshop at ICFP.

    http://www.deinprogramm.de/defun-2008/

So if the ICFP theory-heavy schedule seems a bit dry to you, consider
registering for the DEFUN tutorials, and come away having built some
beautiful code in Haskell.

-- Don