[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: interval and polynomial enclosure arithmetics

Michal Konecny mik at konecny.aow.cz
Sun Aug 10 15:53:01 EDT 2008

Roman Cheplyaka <roma <at> ro-che.info> writes:

> * Michal Konecny <mik <at> konecny.aow.cz> [2008-08-08
13:38:56+0100]
> > and members of the KEG research group at Aston
> > University have used  it for reliably solving differential
equations
> > and numerical constraint satisfaction problems.
>
> This's very interesting. Do you have any published papers (or other
> sources of information) about it?

Unfortunately, there isn't much yet but more is on the way.
Only the following two papers are available at the moment:

http://www-users.aston.ac.uk/~konecnym/papers/cfv08.html
is about using our polynomial enclosures to prove NCSPs that arise
from floating-point software verification problems.

http://www-users.aston.ac.uk/~konecnym/papers/wollic08.html
analyses the convergence rate of an ODE solver that uses
piecewise constant enclosures (which is rather inefficient).

Best regards,
Michal