[Haskell-cafe] Fwd: Haskell job opportunity: Platform Architect at Peerium, Inc.

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Thu Aug 14 17:17:05 EDT 2008

Hey all,

Below is a job opportunity for a Haskell programmer at Peerium, Inc. I
was asked for forward to the community. Enjoy!

-- Don

Subject: Haskell Job Opportunity

Platform Architect at Peerium, Inc.

Please mail resumes to: hr at peerium.com

Location: Cambridge, MA (Greater Boston Area)

http://www.peerium.com

Type:
    Full-time

Skills:
    Proficiency and a strong interest in Haskell programming :)

    Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent from a four-year
    institution.

Job Description

Platform architects work with the founders to design and implement
components of the runtime and supporting libraries for our software
platform.

Company Description

At Peerium, we're striving to bring a new level of quality and
efficiency to online communication and collaboration within virtual
communities, social networks, and business environments. We believe
that a new environment that supports the effortless sharing of both
information and software will enable a level of online cooperation far
beyond current Web-based technologies -- modern programming techniques
will enable the creation of more robust and more powerful programs
within these environments.

-----

To this end, we're building a new software platform for direct, real-
time communication and collaboration within graphically rich
environments. We're currently building our first publicly available
software product using many in-house technologies, including a  powerful
new programming language. Our first software product brings  together a
broad range of technologies, including:

    * Concurrent, distributed, functional programming
    * Graphically-rich, OpenGL interfaces
    * Peer-to-peer network protocols
    * Cryptographically secure communication
    * Distributed computation
    * Ubiquitous online agents

-----

Peerium is located in the heart of Harvard Square in Cambridge,
Massachusetts.