[Haskell-cafe] lines of code metrics

Bulat Ziganshin bulat.ziganshin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 13:41:57 EDT 2008

Hello Greg,

Tuesday, August 19, 2008, 8:12:00 PM, you wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good case study comparing a project written
> in C versus one written in Haskell?  I'm mostly looking for a
> comparison of lines of code, but any other metric, such as time to
> market and code quality metrics could also be

once i compared informally LOC for freearc (freearc.org) and 7-zip
(7zip.org) - both are archivers with rather close functionality at the
time of comparison - freearc was 3 times smaller. i also think that it
wsas developed about 3 times faster than rar/7zip archivers, although
this comparison is rather rough

overall, i see from 10x improvements when we say about multithreading
or complex algorithms to Haskell being even worse than C++ when we
say about imperative, especially low-level, especially optimized code

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin at gmail.com