[Haskell-cafe] lines of code metrics

Malcolm Wallace Malcolm.Wallace at cs.york.ac.uk
Wed Aug 20 06:13:55 EDT 2008

"Greg Fitzgerald" <garious at gmail.com> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a good case study comparing a project written in C
> versus one written in Haskell?  I'm mostly looking for a comparison of
> lines of code,

Some of the "Experience Report" category of paper at ICFP 2007 and 2008
might have the kind of thing you are looking for.  I know that mine:

    "Experience Report: Visualizing Data Through Functional Pipelines"
    David Duke, Rita Borgo, Colin Runciman, Malcolm Wallace
    ICFP 2008

has a brief comparison of sLoC between Haskell and C++ implementations
of similar algorithms.  (But you may have to wait until it is published
to obtain an electronic copy.)

Regards,
    Malcolm