[Haskell-cafe] Re: [Haskell] Compiler Construction course using Haskell?

Philippa Cowderoy flippa at flippac.org
Wed Aug 20 15:55:56 EDT 2008

On Wed, 20 Aug 2008, Johannes Waldmann wrote:

> On parsers: yes, LL/LR theory and table-based parsers have been
> developed for a reason and it's no easy decision to throw them out.
> Still, even Parsec kind of computes the FIRST sets?

No, it doesn't. That's not actually possible for monadic parsers as they
support context-sensitive languages and have no means of telling them from
context-free ones.

flippa at flippac.org

"I think you mean Philippa. I believe Phillipa is the one from an
alternate universe, who has a beard and programs in BASIC, using only
gotos for control flow." -- Anton van Straaten on Lambda the Ultimate