[Haskell-cafe] Haskell Speed Myth

Krzysztof Skrzętnicki gtener at gmail.com
Sat Aug 23 18:34:55 EDT 2008

Recently I wrote computation intensive program that could easily
utilize both cores. However, there was overhead just from compiling
with -threaded and making some forkIO's. Still, the overhead was not
larger than 50% and with 4 cores I would probably still get the
results faster - I didn't experience an order of magnitude slowdown.
Perhaps it's the issue with OS X.