[Haskell-cafe] Haskell audio libraries & audio formats

Eric Kidd haskell at randomhacks.net
Sun Aug 24 16:52:18 EDT 2008

On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 4:13 PM, John Van Enk <vanenkj at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm guessing that some sort of unboxed array would be close to what I want.
> If you have suggestions, I'm more than open to them. (This is my first
> attempt at writing a library.)

I'm still trying to answer this question myself. :-) I'll let you know
how HCodec's AudioData format actually works in practice once I my
code is converted.

Honestly, an ideal format should allow iteration over one or more
StorableArray chunks. This would make it much easier to interact with
the outside world. Unfortunately, HCodec's DiffUArray format seems to
require a conversion step to get a StorableArray, so I'm going to have
to benchmark it.

Good luck with your first Haskell library!

Cheers,
Eric