[Haskell-cafe] Parsec and network data

Ketil Malde ketil at malde.org
Wed Aug 27 02:42:15 EDT 2008

"Jeremy Shaw" <jeremy at n-heptane.com> writes:

I probably shouldn't post when I don't quite understand the question,
and I'm unsure whether this is about timeouts, lazy parsing of
me.  Anyway:

> Polyparse has some lazy parsers:

but Tomasz Zielonka once posted a 'lazyMany' combinator for Parsec,
which I've used successfully.  Isn't lazy parsing of many NNTPResponse
or similar what you want?

(If you can't find the original post, there's a copy at
    http://malde.org/~ketil/biohaskell/biolib/Bio/Util/Parsex.hs)

PS: While I try to avoid 'unsafePerformIO', I tend to make use of
'unsafeInterleaveIO'.  Although I'm sure the creative people here can
demonstrate cases of nasal demons caused by that function, too.

-k