[Haskell-cafe] ANN: "Real World Haskell", now shipping

Jules Bean jules at jellybean.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 05:10:13 EST 2008

Andrew Coppin wrote:
> What I *haven't* done yet is read the chapters where they try to claim
> that database programming is possible in Haskell. I'll have to do that
> at some point. Maybe this is where they reveal the Secret Formula that
> makes this stuff actually work properly... but somehow I doubt it.

What a ridiculous comment.

Are you hoping to provoke people into helping you by sounding more
stupid than you are?

Database programming is obviously possible in haskell. Many many people
are doing it.

The documentation may be patchy, the libraries may be hard to install
(often the case with free software for databases, for some reason)
but that's quite a long way from impossible.

Jules