[Haskell-cafe] bug in time libs?

sam lee skynare at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 22:30:20 EST 2008

I can't find document for System.Time .

But I can import System.Time . It's weird...
I can't find document for TimeDiff and related functions. I guess this
is all deprecated.

A related bug report: http://hackage.haskell.org/trac/ghc/ticket/2519

I would use Data.Time.Clock

Prelude> :m + Data.Time.Clock
Prelude Data.Time.Clock> getCurrentTime
Prelude Data.Time.Clock> t0 <- getCurrentTime
Prelude Data.Time.Clock> t1 <- getCurrentTime
Prelude Data.Time.Clock> t0
Prelude Data.Time.Clock> diffUTCTime t0 t1
-2.912s
Prelude Data.Time.Clock> diffUTCTime t1 t0
2.912s
Prelude Data.Time.Clock> :t diffUTCTime t1 t0
diffUTCTime t1 t0 :: NominalDiffTime