[Haskell-cafe] Gluing pipes

Dan Piponi dpiponi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 12:19:27 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 3, 2008 at 10:17 AM, Matt Hellige <matt at immute.net> wrote:
> >From time to time, I've wanted to have a more pleasant way of writing
> point-free compositions of curried functions.

> I'd like to be able to write something like:
>  \ x y -> f (g x) (h y)

This particular composition of f with g and h is an example of
composition in what mathematicians call an operad. I think operads
glue things just how you want. Unfortunately (1) I don't think
mathematicians have great notation for it either and (2) it's hard to
combine operads with currying because they rely on having a well
defined notion of the number of arguments of a function.
--
Dan