[Haskell-cafe] Re: a haskell_proposals subreddit

Benjamin L.Russell DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com
Wed Dec 10 06:08:48 EST 2008

On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 19:47:04 +0900, Benjamin L.Russell
<DekuDekuplex at Yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 10 Dec 2008 10:35:48 +0000, "Neil Mitchell"
><ndmitchell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>Clicking up once makes you vote up, clicking up again cancels your up
>>vote. i.e. to cancel an upvote, click up again. Similarly clicking
>>down votes down, clicking again removes your down vote. So therefore
>>clicking up, then down, is (+1) then (-2).
>
>Indeed!  That worked.  Thank you!
>
>Now to find a way to get REDDIT to post my contributions somehow.
>Strangely, it lists them separately in my profile, but not in the
>thread.  I don't know how to resolve this.  Logging off and back on
>doesn't help; deleting the original post and reposting it doesn't
>help, either.  Perhaps REDDIT doesn't let users living in a foreign
>country post?
>
>To contribute, the correct procedure is to visit
>http://www.reddit.com/r/haskell_proposals/, then click on the "Submit
>a link" sidebar link on the right, and then to fill in the form that
>appears.  Is this correct?

This time, my earlier contribution, which I had already deleted and
reposted, appeared with one plus vote, but without my username.
Apparently, contributions sometimes appear after a long (about an
hour) wait; sometimes they don't (the first time, it didn't appear
after even two hours).

Since I wanted my username to appear below my contribution, I
re-deleted the contribution (including the plus vote along with it),
and then reposted it (of course, without the vote).  However, now it
doesn't appear again.

I just hope that whoever voted for my contribution resubmits the vote.

-- Benjamin L. Russell
http://dekudekuplex.wordpress.com/
-- Matsuo Basho^