[Haskell-cafe] Data.List.Split

Gianfranco Alongi gianfranco.alongi at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 11:55:45 EST 2008

I have actually been thinking about a similar thing, but on the "group" subject.
One can actually group things in many ways, such as groupBy (==) , so
that groupBy (==) [1,2,1,2] should give
[[1,1],[2,2]]. Of course other ideas are possible.

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 5:47 PM, Brent Yorgey <byorgey at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 05:39:55PM +0100, Gianfranco Alongi wrote:
>> A very nice initiative I must say; although the page should contain
>> the usual explanation for why such a split method can't be universal.
>> That is, add the same explanation you give every time; but to the
>> page.
>
> Good idea; I've added a list of possible ways to split, both to give
> people ideas for code to write, and to demonstrate why it's impossible
> to come up with one 'best' split function.
>
> vixey has already added some code, but we need more!
>
> -Brent

Patience is the last resort for those unable to take action