[Haskell-cafe] Missing comment highlighting in vim syntax script

Claus Reinke claus.reinke at talk21.com
Sun Dec 14 13:04:35 EST 2008

> The Haskell syntax script for vim mentions this mailing list as the
> maintainer. Perhaps one of you could fix this bug.
> Comments on the same line as import declarations don't get highlighted:

I don't know how this list-as-maintainer idea is going to work,
but the fix seems straightforward: find the line in
$VIMRUNTIME/syntax/haskell.vim that says

    syn match hsImport  "\<import\>.*"he=s+6 contains=hsImportMod

and change it to

    syn match hsImport  "\<import\>.*"he=s+6 contains=hsImportMod,hsLineComment,hsBlockComment

See :help syn-contains.

Claus