[Haskell-cafe] Coroutines

Tim Newsham newsham at lava.net
Thu Dec 18 12:39:34 EST 2008

> Andrew was recently asking about co-routines.  A couple of years ago,
> I was in much the same position as him; although I am pretty sure I
> had heard the term before, it seemed like a mysterious idea with no
> practical use.

Besides the point that people have already made that lazy evaluation
gives you similar control as coroutines, I wanted to point out how
simple it is to implement coroutines.  Here's a simple implementation
that ddarius made on IRC a few months back off-the-cuff.  I kept
it around on codepad because its cool:

   http://codepad.org/GwtS6wMj

>  -- ryan

Tim Newsham