[Haskell-cafe] Re: Threads with high CPU usage

Bayley, Alistair Alistair.Bayley at invesco.com
Mon Dec 22 11:28:03 EST 2008

> From: haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org
> [mailto:haskell-cafe-bounces at haskell.org] On Behalf Of Günther Schmidt
>
> I understand that Takusen does not use "unsafe" calls and
> would like to
> try it with that one then, but haven't find enough docs yet
> on how to use
> Takusen.

Not a lot of detailed examples exist for Takusen. I'm hoping the documentation for Database.Enumerator is a reasonable place to start.
http://darcs.haskell.org/takusen/doc/html/Database-Enumerator.html

I just reviewed the Takusen code and, for no apparent reason, the ODBC module specifies unsafe for all of its FFI imports, but the other modules do not (so they get the default, which I assume is safe). I also was not aware of unsafe calls blocking other threads. I'll change the ODBC imports to be safe (or rather, unspecified).

Alistair

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. It is intended solely for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is