[Haskell-cafe] Re: Monades - I've got it! (hopefully)

Johannes Waldmann waldmann at imn.htwk-leipzig.de
Wed Dec 24 07:05:11 EST 2008

> > About the prestress, that's one of the motivations behind renaming
> > them ("warm fuzzy thing" is the current tongue-in-cheek alternative).

in F# they renamed "Monad" to "Workflow",
see e.g. Chapter 9 (p. 230) in the "Expert F#" book.
http://www.expert-fsharp.com/default.aspx

Also, comparing with C# (Linq notation) might be helpful,
http://blogs.msdn.com/lukeh/archive/2007/08/19/monadic-parser-combinators-using-c-3-0.aspx

of course keeping in mind that Haskell was first (I think)
and the other languages only later adapted the concept.

J.W.