[Haskell-cafe] Fram

Haakon Meland Eriksen haakon.eriksen at far.no
Sun Dec 28 16:06:29 EST 2008

Gwern Branwen wrote:
> What advantages does Fram have over noweb? I've noodled around a
> little on the Literate Programs wiki ( http://en.literateprograms.org/
> ) which uses noweb for providing the source files, and it seemed to
> work as it should.
I've put together a small introduction to Haskell using Fram based on
YAHT by Hal Daumé III. It contains four simple exercises, but what may
interest you is exercise 3 and 4, which contains source code for two
modules interspersed with explanation. Each exercise contains a download
link, and when you hit it Fram will concatenate the source code into a
downloadable file. I've just tried this on Microsoft Windows XP using
Firefox 3.0.4 so your experience may differ somewhat from what I'm about
to describe. When I hit the download link in Fram, Firefox prompts me to
either open the module source code in GHCi or save the file. If I choose
to open it in GHCi, the module will immediately be compiled and loaded.
I find this quite efficient, and I hope you do to.

Yours sincerely,
Haakon Meland Eriksen