[Haskell-cafe] haddock as a markdown preprocessor

Duncan Coutts duncan.coutts at worc.ox.ac.uk
Fri Feb 22 20:49:19 EST 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 01:28 +0000, Duncan Coutts wrote:

> Basically I'd like to know what tool (that is packaged on every linux
> distro) do I use to convert a docbook .xml file to xhtml. I took a quick
> look on the FAQ linked from docbook.org/help and could not immediately
> find what standard tools and commands I'm supposed to use.

After a bit more looking around I found the xmlto program which is
packaged for my distro:

xmlto xhtml doc/Cabal.xml -o doc/manual

That's considerably nicer. Now all I need to do is figure out how to
tell it to use a particular css file we use.

I can't help noticing that the second tutorial listed on the wiki (and
the first one I've found that actually tells you want tools to use)
seems to suggest using xsltproc with long hard coded paths:
http://opensource.bureau-cornavin.com/crash-course/en/hello-world.html

Duncan