[Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: Hoogle 3.1

Henning Thielemann lemming at henning-thielemann.de
Fri Feb 29 04:47:09 EST 2008

On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Neil Mitchell wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
>>  Would you consider adding auto-complete feature on Hoogle in the forth
>>  coming release?
>>
>>  http://wiki.script.aculo.us/scriptaculous/show/Ajax.Autocompleter
>
> I am slightly hoping that I'll be able to remove the Search button
> entirely, and just have results as you type.

For the WWW version of Hoogle this means that data must be transmitted
constantly and I think that rises a privacy problem. I don't want that my
typing behaviour can be observed and analysed somewhere. Such technique
would also require JavaScript which is disabled in browsers of security
oriented people.