[Haskell-cafe] ANN: Hoogle 3.1

Neil Mitchell ndmitchell at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 11:11:41 EST 2008

Hi

> Interesting to know people are looking for \"where\". As a fairly new
>  Haskeller, I bumped into frequent indentation issues (if-then-else,
>  case, where, let, do, etc) and sometimes not sure where to place
>  \"where\" properly. Maybe beginners are having problem with syntax
>  more than other things and they are asking Hoogle to get some
>  suggestions...
>
>  Or they are using Hoogle as Ask.com. Where is this? Where can I find that?

No, they are just searching for "where" on its own. I'm not entirely
sure why - if a new user who actually did it would let me know, I'd be
very interested. Originally, Hoogle did not search for keywords - as a
result of real users actually searching for them it got modified to
include them. Because they are a new addition, they got tacked on
lightly, which is why keywords actually have a module in Hoogle :-)

Thanks

Neil